Monday, November 4, 2013

Double Cable Fingerless Gloves Pattern



I've been debating on whether to put this pattern up or not. It is the first thing I've done myself. So far I've found everything I need from free patterns and would like to contribute.

I got the idea for these fingerless gloves from a pair I made from the blog TeaBeans. For her original pattern look here.

Materials:
worsted weight yarn (I used Lion Brand Vanna's Choice, Brick)
G6 - 4 mm Hook
Yarn needle for weaving in ends

Abbreviations:
ch - chain
st - stitch
sl st - slip stitch
dc - double crochet
bpdc - back post double crochet
fpdc - front post double crochet
fptrc - front post treble crochet

This pattern starts at the wrist and is worked in rounds, turning after each round, cuff will be added once glove portion is finished.

Ch 30, sl st to join, ch 2 (counts as first dc)
Rd1: dc in next st, dc 28, sl st to previous ch 2, ch 2, turn
Rd2: dc 10, bpdc 4, dc 2, bpdc 4, dc 9, sl st to previous ch 2, ch 2, turn
Rd3: dc 9, {skip 2 st, fptrc 2, go back to skipped stitches, fptrc in each skipped st (2 st)--cable}, dc 2, cable, dc 10, sl st to previous ch 2, ch 2, turn
Rd4: Repeat Rd2
Rd5: Repeat Rd3
Rd6: Repeat Rd2
Rd7: Repeat Rd3
Rd8: Repeat Rd2

Left Glove:
Rd9: dc 2, ch 4, skip 5 st, dc 2, cable, dc 2, cable, dc 10, sl st to previous ch 2, ch 2, turn
Rd10: dc 10, bpdc 4, dc 2, bpdc 4, dc 8 (dc in each chain from previous round), sl st to previous ch 2, ch 2, turn
Rd11: dc 8, cable, dc 2, cable, dc 10, sl st to previous ch 2, ch 2, turn
Rd12: dc 28, sl st to previous ch 2, turn
Rd13: skip first st, *5 dc in next st, skip 1 st, sl st in next st, skip 1 st*, repeat 6 times, at last sl st fasten off. There will be 7 scallops.

Right Glove:
Rd9: dc 9, cable, dc 2, cable, dc 2, ch 4, skip 5 st, dc 3, sl st to previous ch 2, ch 2, turn
Rd10: dc 9 (dc in each chain from previous round), bpdc 4, dc 2, bpdc 4, dc 9, sl st to previous ch 2, ch 2, turn
Rd11: dc 9, cable, dc 2, cable, dc 9, sl st to previous ch 2, ch 2, turn
Rd12: dc 28, sl st to previous ch 2, turn
Rd13: skip first st, *5 dc in next st, skip 1 st, sl st in next st, skip 1 st*, repeat 6 times, at last sl st fasten off. There will be 7 scallops.

Cuff:
Join at wrist
Rd1: *fpdc, bpdc* repeat around, sl st to first st, ch 2
Rd2 - Rd3: Repeat Rd1, at the end of final round sl st to previous ch 2 and fasten off.

For a longer cuff, continue repeating Rd1 until desired length.

Weave in ends

If you have any questions or find any mistakes let me know. This pattern is for personal use only, if you want to sell a finished product please credit me for the design. Thanks and happy stitches!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, just wanted to let you know that your scallop pattern is a bit off. As written, you would currently need 33 stitches in the last row for 8 scallops to fit, but there are only 29 in the final row by my count, so there's only room for 7 scallops. I still managed to fit in 8 by not skipping a stitch between the slip st of the second to last scallop and the last scallop I made. The difference in the scallops is barely noticeable.

    Other than that tiny detail, this was a great pattern to make! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary, for letting me know. I've actually only done this pattern once so I will look at it again and see if I can fix it. I'm glad you were able to get around my mistake. Hope you enjoy the gloves!

      Delete
    2. I just looked at my gloves and and found out what was wrong. I only have 7 scallops! So I'll get the pattern changed. Thanks again, Mary.

      Delete

Printfriendly